menu

Muziek / Muziekgames / Greatest Hits of #3 (The Cure)!

zoeken in:
De uitslag van de Greatest hits van Kate Bush!

39 kenners plus naastgetekende dienden hun lijstje in met het volgende resultaat…
https://i.pinimg.com/736x/00/75/b3/0075b3835da2e9b8e459357ca74bd7b8--singer-song-writer-female-characters.jpg
niet gek he?

Je mag m'n lijstje weglaten, hoor.
Ik zal je er niet sensueel op aankijken

Neenee, niet terugkrabbelen!

20. The Saxophone Song * van het album The Kick Inside uit 1978
36 punten en 11 keer genoemd.

19. King of the Mountain van het album Aerial uit 2005
42 punten en 12 keer genoemd.

Dit bleken geen hoogvliegers. Voor het enige nummer van Aerial in de finale vind ik dat niet terecht.
Dat 50 Words het in zijn geheel niet redde ook niet.

Aerial is een hermeneutisch geheel: daar moet je geen afzonderlijke liedjes in willen ontdekken.

Nog één moppermomentje voor mopperzaaf: The Dreaming... One small step for Kate...

18. This Woman's Work van het album The Sensual World uit 1989
58 punten en 14 keer genoemd. De nummer 1 van vigil

17. Sat in Your Lap van het album The Dreaming uit 1982
60 punten en 12 keer genoemd. De nummer 1 van nelis

16. The Dreaming van het album The Dreaming uit 1982
64 punten en 13 keer genoemd. De nummer 1 van zaaf, blur8

15. Wow van het album Lionheart uit 1978
70 punten en 15 keer genoemd. De nummer 1 van pauterpeel

14. Suspended in Gaffa van het album The Dreaming uit 1982
76 punten en 13 keer genoemd. De nummer 1 van EttaJamesBrown, arcade monkeys

Wat This Woman's Work en Wow hiertussen doen

13. The Big Sky * van het album Hounds of Love uit 1985
76 punten en 19 keer genoemd.

12. Babooshka van het album Never for Ever uit 1980
83 punten en 15 keer genoemd. De nummer 1 van likeahurricane, Poeha

11. Hounds of Love van het album Hounds of Love uit 1985
85 punten en 18 keer genoemd. De nummer 1 van andré, Johnny Marr

De top 10!

10. The Sensual World van het album The Sensual World uit 1989

Dit bericht bevat ingevoegde media van de volgende externe locatie:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1DDndY0FLI

Wanneer je deze, als ook andere ingevoegde media op de site wilt zien, dan moet je hier even toestemming voor geven.

Met het tonen hiervan wordt er mogelijk door een andere partij cookies geplaatst en/of wordt je ip-adres geregistreerd, zonder dat MusicMeter hier invloed op heeft. Lees ons privacybeleid voor meer informatie over hoe MusicMeter met je privacy omgaat.

87 punten en 20 keer genoemd. De nummer 1 van ranboy, dynamo d

Kate over het nummer: A lot of people have said it's sexy. That's nice. The original piece was sexy, too; it had an incredible sensuality which I'd like to think this track has as well. I suppose it is walking the thin line a bit, but it's about the sensuality of the world and how it is so incredibly pleasurable to our senses if we open up to it. You know, just simple things, like sitting in the sun, just contact with nature. It's like, for most people, their holidays are the only time they get a real burst of the planet!

9. Them Heavy People * van het album The Kick Inside uit 1978

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_I6Ej9HJVEQ

Wanneer je deze, als ook andere ingevoegde media op de site wilt zien, dan moet je hier even toestemming voor geven.

Met het tonen hiervan wordt er mogelijk door een andere partij cookies geplaatst en/of wordt je ip-adres geregistreerd, zonder dat MusicMeter hier invloed op heeft. Lees ons privacybeleid voor meer informatie over hoe MusicMeter met je privacy omgaat.

89 punten en 16 keer genoemd.

Kate: "The idea for 'Heavy People' came when I was just sitting one day in my parents' house. I heard the phrase ""Rolling the ball"" in my head, and I thought that it would be a good way to start a song, so I ran in to the piano and played it and got the chords down. I then worked on it from there. It has lots of different people and ideas and things like that in it, and they came to me amazingly easily - it was a bit like 'Oh England', because in a way so much of it was what was happening at home at the time. My brother and my father were very much involved in talking about Gurdjieff and whirling Dervishes, and I was really getting into it, too. It was just like plucking out a bit of that and putting it into something that rhymed. And it happened so easily - in a way, too easily. I say that because normally it's difficult to get it all to happen at once, but sometimes it does, and that can seem sort of wrong. Usually you have to work hard for things to happen, but it seems that the better you get at them the more likely you are to do something that is good without any effort. And because of that it's always a surprise when something comes easily. I thought it was important not to be narrow-minded just because we talked about Gurdjieff. I knew that I didn't mean his system was the only way, and that was why it was important to include whirling Dervishes and Jesus, because they are strong, too. Anyway, in the long run, although somebody might be into all of them, it's really you that does it - they're just the vehicle to get you there.
I always felt that 'Heavy People' should be a single, but I just had a feeling that it shouldn't be a second single, although a lot of people wanted that. Maybe that's why I had the feeling - because it was to happen a little later, and in fact I never really liked the album version much because it should be quite loose, you know: it's a very human song. And I think, in fact, every time I do it, it gets even looser. I've danced and sung that song so many times now, but it's still like a hymn to me when I sing it. I do sometimes get bored with the actual words I'm singing, but the meaning I put into them is still a comfort. It's like a prayer, and it reminds me of direction. And it can't help but help me when I'm singing those words. Subconsciously they must go in.
"

-zoekt google translate...-

Het nummer is beter dan het onnavolgbare verhaal ?

8. Moving * van het album The Kick Inside uit 1978

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lOphHxe28M

96 punten en 17 keer genoemd.

The song is a tribute to Lindsay Kemp, who was her mime teacher in the mid-Seventies. Kate explained in an interview, "He needed a song written to him. He opened up my eyes to the meanings of movement. He makes you feel so good. If you've got two left feet it's 'you dance like an angel darling.' He fills people up, you're an empty glass and glug, glug, glug, he's filled you with champagne."

7. Breathing van het album Never for Ever uit 1980

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTvBvf24LRM

103 punten en 20 keer genoemd. De nummer 1 van Tribal Gathering

Kate over Breathing: "When I wrote the song, it was from such a personal viewpoint. It was just through having heard a thing for years without it ever having got through to me. 'Til the moment it hit me, I hadn't really been moved. Then I suddenly realised the whole devastation and disgusting arrogance of it all. Trying to destroy something that we've not created - the earth. The only thing we are is a breathing mechanism: everything is breathing. Without it we're just nothing. All we've got is our lives, and I was worried that when people heard it they were going to think, 'She's exploiting commercially this terribly real thing.' I was very worried that people weren't going to take me from my emotional standpoint rather than the commercial one. But they did, which is great. I was worried that people wouldn't want to worry about it because it's so real. I was also worried that it was too negative, but I do feel that there is hope in the whole thing, just for the fact that it's a message from the future. It's not from now, it's from a spirit that may exist in the future, a non-existent spiritual embryo who sees all and who's been round time and time again so they know what the world's all about. This time they don't want to come out, because they know they're not going to live. It's almost like the mother's stomach is a big window that's like a cinema screen, and they're seeing all this terrible chaos."

jordidj1 (moderator)
oepsiedoepsie te laat had nog een lijstje in de making

Zit jij nou de top 10 te vervuilen met je gevloek?

jordidj1 (moderator)
zaaf schreef:
Zit jij nou de top 10 te vervuilen met je gevloek?

nee

Gelukkig maar

jordidj1 (moderator)
mijn nummer 1 zou WH zijn geweest maar dat is niet echt relevante informatie denk ik

ga maar door met de top-10 mooie prezi xx

Last time I spoke Kate she said to me: " Hey Etta could you say to Zaaf that not all my Dutch Music-Meter friends aren't as eloquently as you"

"Sure", I responded

6. Army Dreamers van het album Never for Ever uit 1980

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_jEOj0Exi0

107 punten en 21 keer genoemd. De nummer 1 van motel matches

Kate over deze song: "It's the first song I've ever written in the studio. It's not specifically about Ireland, it's just putting the case of a mother in these circumstances, how incredibly sad it is for her. How she feels she should have been able to prevent it. If she'd bought him a guitar when he asked for one.
The song is about a mother who lost her son overseas. It doesn't matter how he died, but he didn't die in action - it was an accident. I wanted the mother to be a very simple woman who's obviously got a lot of work to do. She's full of remorse, but he has to carry on, living in a dream. Most of us live in a dream.
"

EttaJamesBrown schreef:
Last time I spoke Kate she said to me: " Hey Etta could you say to Zaaf that not all my Dutch Music-Meter friends aren't as eloquently as you"

"Sure", I responded

5. Hello Earth * van het album Hounds of Love uit 1985

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0S0zNFzK_ns

119 punten en 22 keer genoemd. De nummer 1 van aERodynamIC, dix

Kate: "'Hello Earth' was a very difficult track to write, as well, because it was... in some ways it was too big for me. [Laughs] And I ended up with this song that had two huge great holes in the choruses, where the drums stopped, and everything stopped, and people would say to me, ""what's going to happen in these choruses,"" and I hadn't got a clue.
We had the whole song, it was all there, but these huge, great holes in the choruses. And I knew I wanted to put something in there, and I'd had this idea to put a vocal piece in there, that was like this traditional tune I'd heard used in the film Nosferatu. And really everything I came up with, it with was rubbish really compared to what this piece was saying. So we did some research to find out if it was possible to use it. And it was, so that's what we did, we re-recorded the piece and I kind of made up words that sounded like what I could hear was happening on the original. And suddenly there was these beautiful voices in these chorus that had just been like two black holes.
In some ways I thought of it as a lullaby for the Earth. And it was the idea of turning the whole thing upside down and looking at it from completely above. You know, that image of if you were lying in water at night and you were looking up at the sky all the time, I wonder if you wouldn't get the sense of as the stars were reflected in the water, you know, a sense of like, you could be looking up at water that's reflecting the stars from the sky that you're in. And the idea of them looking down at the earth and seeing these storms forming over America and moving around the globe, and they have this like huge fantasticly overseeing view of everything, everything is in total perspective. And way, way down there somewhere there's this little dot in the ocean that is them.
"

We slaan nu een enorme hoeveelheid punten over en komen bij de vier absoluut voorspelde koplopers. Twee setjes, waarvan de twee oudsten het aanvankelijk leken af te leggen tegen de twee iets minder oude songs.

Dat pakte in de loop van het spel ietsje anders uit.

4. The Man with the Child in His Eyes van het album The Kick Inside uit 1978

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNykdg2BUME

220 punten en 34 keer genoemd van de 40. De nummer 1 van Marco dB, El Ninjo, Salvadore, E-Clect-Eddy

Kate: "The inspiration for 'The Man With the Child in His Eyes' was really just a particular thing that happened when I went to the piano. The piano just started speaking to me. It was a theory that I had had for a while that I just observed in most of the men that I know: the fact that they just are little boys inside and how wonderful it is that they manage to retain this magic. I, myself, am attracted to older men, I guess, but I think that's the same with every female. I think it's a very natural, basic instinct that you look continually for your father for the rest of your life, as do men continually look for their mother in the women that they meet. I don't think we're all aware of it, but I think it is basically true. You look for that security that the opposite sex in your parenthood gave you as a child."

3. Running Up That Hill van het album Hounds of Love uit 1985

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_b1vGqOrXY

220 punten en 36 keer genoemd van de 40 - op nominaties 3e dus. De nummer 1 van Renoir, dazzler, GrafGantz , luigifort en johan de witt

Kate over dit topnummer: "I was trying to say that, really, a man and a woman, can't understand each other because we are a man and a woman. And if we could actually swap each others roles, if we could actually be in each others place for a while, I think we'd both be very surprised! [Laughs] And I think it would be lead to a greater understanding. And really the only way I could think it could be done was either... you know, I thought a deal with the devil, you know. And I thought, "well, no, why not a deal with God!" You know, because in a way it's so much more powerful the whole idea of asking God to make a deal with you. You see, for me it is still called "A Deal With God", that was its title. But we were told that if we kept this title that it wouldn't be played in any of the religious countries, Italy wouldn't play it, France wouldn't play it, and Australia wouldn't play it! Ireland wouldn't play it, and that generally we might get it blacked purely because it had "God" in the title. Now, I couldn't believe this, this seemed completely ridiculous to me and the title was such a part of the song's entity. I just couldn't understand it. But none the less, although I was very unhappy about it, I felt unless I compromised that I was going to be cutting my own throat, you know, I'd just spent two, three years making an album and we weren't gonna get this record played on the radio, if I was stubborn. So I felt I had to be grown up about this, so we changed it to 'Running Up That Hill'. But it's always something I've regretted doing, I must say. And normally I always regret any compromises that I make."

Adel verplicht. 9 x als eerste op de persoonlijke lijstjes - verreweg het meest - maar nog geen nummer 1

2. Wuthering Heights van het album The Kick Inside uit 1978

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaCDaXd5Xyw

239 punten en 34 keer genoemd van de 40. De nummer 1 van ArthurDZ, Simon77, AstroStart, bas1966, Justus18, Superbitch, Brunniepoo, The_CrY. jeroentjuhh

Kate: "I wrote in my flat, sitting at the upright piano one night in March at about midnight. There was a full moon and the curtains were open, and every time I looked up for ideas, I looked at the moon. Actually, it came quite easily. I couldn't seem to get out of the chorus - it had a really circular feel to it, which is why it repeats. I had originally written something more complicated, but I couldn't link it up, so I kept the first bit and repeated it. I was really pleased, because it was the first song I had written for a while, as I'd been busy rehearsing with the KT Band.
I felt a particular want to write it, and had wanted to write it for quite a while. I remember my brother John talking about the story, but I couldn't relate to it enough. So I borrowed the book and read a few pages, picking out a few lines. So I actually wrote the song before I had read the book right through. The name Cathy helped, and made it easier to project my own feelings of want for someone so much that you hate them. I could understand how Cathy felt.
It's funny, but I heard a radio programme about a woman who was writing a book in Old English, and she found she was using words she didn't know, but when she looked them up she found they were correct. A similar thing happened with 'Wuthering Heights': I put lines in the song that I found in the book when I read it later.
I've never been to Wuthering Heights, the place, though I would like to, and someone sent me a photo of where it's supposed to be.
One thing that really pleases me is the amount of positive feedback I've had from the song, though I've heard that the Bronte Society think it's a disgrace. A lot of people have read the book because of the song and liked it, which I think is the best thing about it for me. I didn't know the book would be on the GCE syllabus in the year I had the hit, but lots of people have written to say how the song helped them. I'm really happy about that.
There are a couple of synchronicities involved with the song. When Emily Bronte wrote the book she was in the terminal stages of consumption, and I had a bad cold when I wrote the song. Also, when I was in Canada I found out that Lindsay Kemp, my dance teacher, was in town, only ten minutes away by car, so I went to see him. When I came back I had this urge to switch on the TV - it was about one in the morning - because I knew the film of Wuthering Heights would be on. I tuned in to a thirties gangster film, then flicked through the channels, playing channel roulette, until I found it. I came in at the moment Cathy was dying, so that's all I saw of the film. It was an amazing coincidence.
"

Hier past alleen eerbied en de originele clip.

1. Cloudbusting van het album Hounds of Love uit 1985

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pllRW9wETzw

270 punten en 38 keer genoemd van de 40!! De nummer 1 van wendyvortex, Teunnis, Poek, Choconas, JoaMuse

Kate over Cloudbusting: "This was inspired by a book that I first found on a shelf nearly nine years ago. It was just calling me from the shelf, and when I read it I was very moved by the magic of it. It's about a special relationship between a young son and his father. The book was written from a child's point of view. His father is everything to him; he is the magic in his life, and he teaches him everything, teaching him to be open-minded and not to build up barriers. His father has built a machine that can make it rain, a 'cloudbuster'; and the son and his father go out together cloudbusting. They point big pipes up into the sky, and they make it rain.
The song is very much taking a comparison with a yo-yo that glowed in the dark and which was given to the boy by a best friend. It was really special to him; he loved it. But his father believed in things having positive and negative energy, and that fluorescent light was a very negative energy - as was the material they used to make glow-in-the-dark toys then - and his father told him he had to get rid of it, he wasn't allowed to keep it. But the boy, rather than throwing it away, buried it in the garden, so that he would placate his father but could also go and dig it up occasionally and play with it. It's a parallel in some ways between how much he loved the yo-yo - how special it was - and yet how dangerous it was considered to be. He loved his father (who was perhaps considered dangerous by some people); and he loved how he could bury his yo-yo and retrieve it whenever he wanted to play with it. But there's nothing he can do about his father being taken away, he is completely helpless. But it's very much more to do with how the son does begin to cope with the whole loneliness and pain of being without his father. It is the magic moments of a relationship through a child's eyes, but told by a sad adult.
"

Running was ook mijn nr. 1 dus 10 pts extra
johan de witt ook geloof ik...
Mooi werk anyway

Nice list, zaaf!

Ik ben nummer 39 of 40 bij Cloudbusting. Dat bewijst maar weer dat ik niet 'into the cloud' ben.

luigifort schreef:
Running was ook mijn nr. 1 dus 10 pts extra
johan de witt ook geloof ik...
Mooi werk anyway
op duistere wijze heeft de eindrondemacro jullie weggepoetst. Nu er weer met de hand bijgezet, je was zeker meegeteld!

Dit topic is gesloten. Alleen moderators kunnen nog berichten plaatsen.

Gast
geplaatst: vandaag om 12:42 uur

geplaatst: vandaag om 12:42 uur

Let op: In verband met copyright is het op MusicMeter.nl niet toegestaan om de inhoud van externe websites over te nemen, ook niet met bronvermelding. Je mag natuurlijk wel een link naar een externe pagina plaatsen, samen met je eigen beschrijving of eventueel de eerste alinea van de tekst. Je krijgt deze waarschuwing omdat het er op lijkt dat je een lange tekst hebt geplakt in je bericht.

* denotes required fields.